2018 Tohatsu BFT225AXA
The 225 hp large displacement 3.5 liter V6, our second highest horsepower four stroke, comes equipped with the Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control system. This provides power where and when you need it, giving you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine's operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel efficiency. Also equipped with Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection which delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder.
The heavy duty 5" diameter gear case was built to withstand extreme conditions, giving you the peace of mind on the water every boater is looking for. Equipped with non-linear rubber mounts which provide less vibration at all engine speeds, the BFT 225 hp four stroke outboard has the power, has the reliability and even has the comfort, making it the perfect 225hp outboard for you to own.
- High output alternator that produces 90 amp alternator with 60 charging amps
- Large Displacement 3.5 Litre V6
- Available in 20" & 25" shaft lengths. Standard and Counter rotation
- Double sealed multi-layered paint process to help protect against corrosion
- Painted interior cooling passages for extra protection against corrosion
- Ultra-low 3 star CARB emission approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Dual Stage Induction for improved performance
- Lean burn control for better fuel economy at cruising speeds
- Boosted low speed torque helps to deliver an exceptional hole shot
- Variable valve timing and lift control
- 3-Way Cooling System to help protect against overheating
- Heavy duty 5" diameter gear case built to withstand extreme conditions
- Non-linear rubber mounts provide smoother operation at all engine speeds
- A crankshaft-driven trochoid oil pump ensures long-term durability of critical engine components
- Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air to each cylinder
- Through the prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Built-in freshwater flushing system for easy routine flushing
- Sealed starter motor that is inverted into a sealed chamber to help protect vital components against elements
- Electronic Control Module protocols allow engine data to be interfaced with on-board systems and systems displays, such as SONAR or GPS
- Low oil pressure warning
- Overheat warning
- Low battery voltage warning
- Water in fuel warning
- Start-in-gear protection
- Over-rev. limiter
- BLAST® System - improves acceleration at low speeds: Boosted Low Speed Torque, or BLAST, improves acceleration at low speeds. A quick movement of the throttle control activates the BLAST®system, advancing the ignition curve quickly. This will greatly improve "Hole Shot". *BLAST® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- ECOmo® - Superior fuel efficiency: ECOmo® increases fuel efficiency by allowing combustion to operate on a leaner air/fuel mixture. At cruising speed, this engine runs on up to 30% less fuel** than others in its class. *ECOmo® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd. **Based on EPA Specific Fuel Consumption Mode.
- Variable Valve Timing and Lift Control: system provides power where and when you need it. This gives you a broader, flatter torque curve and smooth power delivery throughout the engine's operating range. The result is a superior combination of power, torque and fuel efficiency.
- Multi-port Programmed Fuel Injection [PGM-FI]® - Powerful Performance: Programmed Fuel Injection delivers the precise amount of fuel/air response with superior fuel efficiency. *PGM-FI® is a registered trademark of Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- Large Displacement V6: A poweful compact 24 valve Single Overhead Cam [SOHC] design. The narrow V6 design offers top performance and durability as well as great fuel economy.
- Dual Stage Induction - Breathing easier improves performance: BFT 225 has a unique variable intake system which optimizes air flow to match the engine's speed. The results are maximized combustion efficiency, increased torque, and superb fuel economy.
- 4-front Corrosion Protection System: A patented, "Double Sealed" multi-layered paint process, sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- Model: BFT225AXA
- Shaft Length: 25
- Cylinders: 6
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 6 Cylinder SOHC, 60° V6, 24 Valve
- Output: 225 hp (167.8 kW)
- Displacement: 3,471 cc (211.7 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 89 x 93 mm (3.5 x 3.7 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote Control
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 1.86:1
- Ignition System: MicroComputer Programmed
- Transom Height: 20 in., 25 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane) or higher
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 2.1 gal. (7.8 L) with filter
- Weight*: 589 lb. (267 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 720W, 90A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Standard
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Overheat Buzzer: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Variable Valve Timing & Lift Control: Standard
- Engine Type
- 6 Cylinder SOHC, 60° V6, 24 Valve
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.5 x 3.7 in. (89 x 93 mm)
- 3,471 cc (211.7 cu.in.)
- Electric Start
- Shaft Length
- 25 in.
- 589 lb. (267 kg)
- Trim Method
- Power Trim and Tilt
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 225 hp (167.8 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000 - 6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 1.86:1 / F-N-R
- 12V, 720W, 90A
- Remote Control